Kindly Share This Story:Governor Udom Emmanuel has taken steps to ensure the strategic economic growth of the state even beyond his tenure in government via a long term economic development plan. The plan, which will be the first of its kind, will guide the short, medium and long term planning of economy of the oil-rich state. According to the Honourable Commissioner for Economic Development and Ibom Deepseaport, Mr Akan Okon, whose ministry has been mandated to produce the document, “Akwa Ibom state has reached a level where it is expedient to consider a long term plan. Also read: COVID-19: Gov Emmanuel says no need to shut down schools Okon, who spoke with select media executive in Uyo recently, stated that “there is no country or society that succeeds if there is no plan. A long term development plan for the state will entail agreeing on where the state wants to be, for example, in the next 30 years, taking into consideration the various activities in various sectors”. He pointed out that the completion agenda of His Excellency, Governor Udom Emmanuel, will serve as the foundation of the plan, adding “if you have a plan, you can have development in a… Read full this story
- Gov Emmanuel stirs up neglected A’Ibom community
- Gov’t outlines draft resolution for 2020 socio-economic development
- Gov. Ikpeazu inaugurates Abia traditional rulers’ council, seeks peace, devt
- Macron heads for autumn showdown with unions in push to transform labour laws
- Strengthening the mining sector via stakeholders collaboration
- Godfrey wants to tackle prescription drug costs during 2020
- The Hill's Morning Report - Impeachment of Trump resumes
- Sullivan declares President Trump has 'a lot of accomplishments'
- Italy’s policies make sense – it’s eurozone rules that are absurd
- Sarah Sanders Defends Ivanka Trump, Says She Creates Millions of Jobs, but Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Destroys Them
Gov Emmanuel to draft AkwaIbom economic devt plan have 296 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at March 23, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.