STATES WHICH HAVE DELAYED VOTING AMID CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC Primaries postponed until May/June in: GeorgiaOhioMarylandIndianaLouisianaConnecticut Kentucky Rhode Island – recommended the primary be delayed to June Wisconsin – debating what to doRunoff elections postponed in: AlabamaTexas Mississippi Local elections postponed in:Oklahoma Missouri New Jersey U.S. elections have been upended by the coronavirus pandemic. At least 13 states have postponed voting and more delays are possible as health officials warn that social distancing and other measures to contain the virus might be in place for weeks, if not months. The states that have yet to hold their primaries find themselves in a seemingly impossible situation as they look to balance public health concerns with the need to hold elections. While election officials routinely prepare for natural disasters such as hurricanes and wildfires, the virus outbreak poses a unique challenge. ‘Usually when we are dealing with a crisis in elections, it´s something that happens and then it´s done,’ said Chris Harvey, Georgia’s director of elections. ‘The difference now is that it´s a spreading threat, a fast-growing threat. We don´t know where, when or how it is going to end.’ Primaries scheduled for Georgia, Ohio, Maryland, Indiana, Louisiana, Connecticut and Kentucky have all been postponed to May or June. The Rhode Island Board… Read full this story
- Democratic Republic of Congo election: opposition leader wins presidential vote
- John Downing: 'Few people care much about European elections. But next May's vote is of vital importance for us all'
- Texas Attorney General Reveals 95,000 Non-Citizens on State’s Voting Lists
- What is a vote of no confidence and could it spark a general election?
- Increasing number of ‘yellow vest’ lists for European elections
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28
- Spain to hold early elections on 28 April
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: Goodbye to no deal — Tory election panic — Labour vs. ‘People’s Vote’
- Q&A: 'Extra time' looms but the election clock ticks on for the European Union
- May's Brexit vote defeated; Corbyn tables no confidence motion
Coronavirus leaves elections in limbo: 13 states have already cancelled voting and social distancing means polls may not be open for months in the build up to the 2020 General Election have 335 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.