Editors’ Note: With full acknowledgment of the big-picture implications of a pandemic that has already claimed thousands of lives, cratered global economies and closed international borders, Deadline’s Coping With COVID-19 Crisis series is a forum for those in the entertainment space grappling with myriad consequences of seeing a great industry screech to a halt. The hope is for an exchange of ideas and experiences, and suggestions on how businesses and individuals can best ride out a crisis that doesn’t look like it will abate any time soon. Come From Away, the hit musical that has routinely played to packed houses at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre, was set to celebrate its third Broadway anniversary on March 12 when word of the unprecedented state-ordered theater closures hit the industry. Lead producers Sue Frost and Randy Adams were in London, just about to head back to New York. “We were getting on a plane that morning to come home,” Frost says, “and we both said, What do you want to bet when we get off this plane everything will be shut down?” Related Story Coronavirus: List Of Canceled Or Postponed Hollywood & Media Events For Come From Away, concern over the spread of… Read full this story
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: Hollywood’s Asian Community Calls On Allies For Support As Coronavirus Misinformation Incites Hate
- The Big Read: Floored by COVID-19, can SIA soar again? Fate of Singapore’s aviation hub rests on it
- Poverty runs a thread through Indonesia as COVID-19 puts millions on the brink
- The Big Read: The untold sacrifices by frontline healthcare workers as they soldier on against COVID-19
- IN FOCUS: The long, challenging journey to bring COVID-19 under control in migrant worker dormitories
- If we need to do more, we will: PM Lee says economic challenge from COVID-19 very grave, but Government doing all it can
- The Big Read: Pummelled by COVID-19, Singapore's economy to begin K-shaped recovery with Budget 2021
- To save an old-school ‘zi char’ stall from COVID-19, a family comes together
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Which path will Democrats take on COVID-19 bill?
- COVID-19: Hit to economy is shocking but bounce back should be quick
Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: ‘Come From Away’ Producers Sue Frost & Randy Adams Talk Shutdown, Salaries & Where Broadway Goes From Here have 358 words, post on deadline.com at March 18, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.