Moving towards 24×7 operations, Chandigarh International Airport has increased the watch hours from March 29, when the summer schedule kicks in. Now, the first flight will depart as early as 4:50am and the operations will continue till 2:10am, the time at which the recently introduced Goa flight lands here. It is the flight to Mumbai, being operated by Indigo, that will take off at 4:50am. Earlier, the flight operations were restricted between 7am and 8:40pm. At night, the airport remained closed for civil aviation, but now the runway will remain open for both domestic and international flights. The summer schedule will also take the number of flights operating from the airport up from 32 to 65, with new destinations, including Goa, Patna and Lucknow added to the roster in the past few days.“Three more flights will be introduced this month. We are getting direct connectivity to Hyderabad by March 10, we have already started Lucknow flight on March 5, and by March 15, we are getting another flight to Pune,” said airport chief executive officer (CEO) Ajay Kumar Bhardwaj.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport leads the nation — in loose change left at TSA checkpoints
- Australia's future airport is closer than you think
- Photo tour: Planespotting at San Francisco International (SFO)
- Eastern Airlines jet crashes at Kennedy Airport during a thunderstorm killing more than 100 people in 1975
- Flying cars are closer than you think
- World's largest telescope closer to reality as designs completed for the SKA
- United names new CEO in wake of internal inquiry
- Fay rolls across Florida as storm, not hurricane
- Trip Report: United DO 2012 In Chicago
- Is Spirit the nation's true low-cost airline?
Chandigarh International Airport inches closer to 24x7 operations have 261 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at March 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.