This month marks the 55th anniversary of Vietnam’s ‘Ha Giang Loop,’ a 185-kilometer road through the country’s mountainous north responsible for connecting ethnic minority communities with the modern world. The Ha Giang Loop, a rugged stretch of road connecting Ha Giang City with Meo Vac District in the nation’s northernmost province of Ha Giang, is the sole lifeline for many of the northern region’s ethnic minority communities. In the fifty-five years since it was inaugurated in March 1965, thousands of workers, including 14 young volunteers who died building the road, poured blood, sweat, and tears into the construction and maintenance of this vital artery in the rural north. Terraced paddy fields, a common sight along the Ha Giang Loop in Ha Giang Province, Vietnam ‘Happiness Road’ Workers first broke ground on the Ha Giang Loop on September 9, 1959. Two years later, President Ho Chi Minh named it ‘Happiness Road,’ hoping it would live up to the lofty expectations the people of Ha Giang had that the road would bring vast improvements to their lives. Six years later, on March 15, 1965, the road was completed and it was time to turn those expectations into a reality. The Ha Giang Loop in… Read full this story
- ABB celebrates 25-year legacy in Vietnam
- Vingroup to build in Ha Giang
- Burned bodies of 'hugely popular' British Windrush migrant and his wife of 55 years are found near their new Jamaica home after they 'were conned out of £50,000'
- Former Bachelorette star Sam Johnston presents long-distance girlfriend Noni Janur with a RING as they celebrate three years together
- Kathie Lee Gifford raises a glass with longtime co-host Hoda Kotb as she celebrates 11 years on Today at farewell party in NYC
- 'Ladies don't shake hands': Angela Bishop, 51, reveals her WORST celebrity interview as she celebrates 30 years with Channel Ten
- Demi Lovato celebrates five years of sobriety
- Adweek Proudly Celebrates 40 Years Bold - Today, November 19, 2019
- 'I love you, keep going': Sia celebrates eight years of sobriety as shares inspiring post to mark the milestone
- Cat Ba island - A pearl of northern Vietnam
Celebrating 55 years of exploring northern Vietnam on ‘Ha Giang Loop’ have 337 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.