HCMC Catholic churches in city to suspend religious gatherings amid virus outbreak The Saigon Times Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020,22:47 (GMT+7) Catholic churches in city to suspend religious gatherings amid virus outbreakThe Saigon Times A Roman Catholic church in Thuduc District in HCMC – PHOTO: PHAM LE HCMC – The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Ho Chi Minh City has decided to suspend all daily masses and religious rites in a move to prevent the infection of coronavirus, which is spreading in Vietnam as a whole and in HCMC in particular. Archbishop Joseph Nguyen Nang in a letter sent to catholics in the city today, March 25, said that the complicated development of the coronavirus pandemic forced the diocese to temporary halt all religious gatherings at churches in the city, starting from tomorrow afternoon, March 26. The Archbishop said this is a difficult decision, especially in the coming Holy Week and Easter. Never has the Church had to stop masses and prayers like this, but the suspension is for the safety of catholics and community amid the coronavirus outbreak. Churches are told not to celebrate religious rites with crowded catholics as usual, but still open the doors to those who want to come individually for prayer…. Read full this story
- Amidst 'summer from hell for Catholic Church,' a renewed crisis of faith
- These Are The Chilling Stories Of Abuse Covered Up By The Catholic Church
- Catholic Church Covered Up Child Sex Abuse in Pennsylvania for Decades, Grand Jury Says
- Trevor Noah Says Catholic Church Like A 'Molesting Club With An Opening Prayer' on 'Daily Show'
- In the face of horror, the Catholic Church is worried about PR
- Meghan Markle's Uncle Is the Reclusive Self-Proclaimed Head of a Florida Catholic Church Without Parishioners
- Pope: Death penalty is now 'inadmissible' in the Catholic Church
- What Catholic Church should do in wake of Pennsylvania predator priest scandal
- Pope Francis changes Catholic Church teaching: No death penalty ever
- Catholic Church must do more to protect children, advocate says
Catholic churches in city to suspend religious gatherings amid virus outbreak have 318 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.