The Government is pressing to put all house purchases on hold for the foreseeable future as coronavirus continues to spread across the UK, putting thousands of industries on hold in the process. In a warning to those moving over the next few months, ministers said people should delay moves and cancel any future viewings. In new guidance, the Government said it was urging buyers and sellers to “adapt and be flexible” by agreeing new dates while the country is in lockdown. It said there was no need to pull out of transactions but both parties should try to agree a new date unless the property is empty. “Where the property is currently occupied, we encourage all parties to do all they can to amicably agree alternative dates to move, for a time when it is likely that stay-at-home measures against coronavirus will no longer be in place,” the guidance said. It said banks have agreed that mortgage offers should be extended where a delay to completions takes place. For those looking to sell, it said there “should be no visitors to your home” for viewings or valuations although people are allowed to speak to estate agents over the phone and… Read full this story
- Phil Spencer on the 10 second rule every house-hunter needs to know about
- Sydney auctions: Sellers warned to be realistic with reserve prices in heated market
- Election knocks £4,000 off house prices in massive win for buyers
- Has Vancouver found the solution to a super-heated housing market?
- How Tasmania's housing crisis is adding to prisoner overcrowding
- Toorak house tops reserve, Jobe Watson sees Albert Park pass in
- Struggling to get on the housing ladder? Why not buy with friends
- Woman who bought a house at 19 tells how she made her dream a reality
- Couple fakes interest in house inspection to rob owners of dessert
- Couple who saved enough to buy a house and get married in a year reveal secrets
Can you move house during coronavirus lockdown? What buyers and sellers need to know have 314 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.