Three million Americans will file unemployment claims next week, marking the highest number ever seen in US history, as the coronavirus pandemic continues to shutters businesses and see workers turfed out of their jobs overnight. Bars, restaurants, stores and casinos lie boarded up across the US as the nation’s once heaving cities have turned into ghost towns after state-wide mandates have ordered one in five Americans to stay at home. Fears are ramping up around how many Americans will find themselves on the breadline, struggling to survive and feed their families, as President Trump warned that the pandemic is escalating to a level that he may throw the entire nation into lockdown for two weeks. In the last 24 hours, California, New York, Connecticut and Illinois issued the most extreme measures to date, ordering 100 percent of their non-essential workforces not to go to work. With the help of a friend and an employee Brian Lee boards up the widows at his pizza restaurant in Seattle, Washington A person sleeps beneath the marquee of the shuttered Hollywood Palladium, with the message ‘Stay Safe’ displayed on the marquee, on March 20: Stores, casinos, bars and restaurants were pictured being boarded up on Friday,… Read full this story
- 22 million Americans have filed for unemployment benefits in the last four weeks
- Coronavirus update: Donald Trump asks if injecting disinfectant would 'clean' coronavirus in White House briefing
- Donald Trump hails Senate for passing $2.2trillion coronavirus bill but most Americans won’t see payouts for weeks
- WHO chief says he 'regrets' Donald Trump's decision to suspend funding but reveals WHO's handling of Covid-19 will be reviewed after the pandemic
- Bill Gates says Donald Trump is 'dangerous' for cutting $500million in funding to the WHO because the world 'needs them now more than ever' to stop the pandemic
- Donald Trump's CDC director contradicts him over WHO funding 'freeze' saying body' STILL is a great partner' and 'we're continuing to work side by side'
- 'There is no secret in WHO': Tedros hits back at Donald Trump and insists 'nothing is hidden from US' over accusations organisation colluded with China to downplay coronavirus
- Donald Trump to push for reopening US as jobless claims top 5.2 million
- BREAKING: Donald Trump bans immigration into the U.S. with executive order to 'protect jobs' amid coronavirus pandemic
- UK will NOT follow Donald Trump by freezing its £200million-a-year funding for World Health Organisation after US president accused it of ‘accelerating pandemic’ by opposing his China travel ban
Bars, restaurants and stores are boarded up as three million Americans prepare to file for unemployment and Donald Trump warns of a nationwide two-week quarantine to slow the spread of coronavirus have 403 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.