However, as South Korean passengers have now cancelled air bookings to Vietnam, airlines are reducing flight frequency to South Korea. Despite the complicated situation of Covid-19 outbreak in South Korea, the Vietnamese Ministry of Transport (MoT) has not considered suspending flights between Vietnam and South Korea, according to Le Anh Tuan, vice minister of transport. Illustrative photo. However, as a large number of South Korean passengers have cancelled air bookings to Vietnam, airlines are reducing flight frequency to South Korea, said Tuan in an interview with Vietnam News Agency on February 23. Without passengers, most airlines have suspended flight routes from Vietnam to Daegu, the epicenter of the outbreak, while only Vietjet Air flies to Daegu at the moment, Tuan added. According to Tuan, the MoT is closely monitoring the situation of the epidemic in Daegu and has sought the instruction from Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control. On February 21, the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV) released a statement refuting rumor that all flights between Vietnam and South Korea and Vietnam and Japan have been suspended. The CAAV urged the public to update information from official websites of related… Read full this story
- British navy sends ships to rescue travelers stranded by volcanic ash cloud; some flights cleared
- North Korea's nuclear test could be leverage for upcoming talks
- NKorea says it successfully tested new submarine-launched ballistic missile
- Trump lands in Japan, kicking off first Asia trip
- Ted Sorensen, JFK's beloved speechwriter and aide, dies in Manhattan at 82
- Vietnamese aviation market under double pressure
- Can Indian Manufacturing Be the Next Chinese Manufacturing?
- Navy IDs pilot killed in Blue Angels crash
- The Beach Boys’ ambitious follow-up to
- Trump stops in Hawaii, eagerly awaits Pearl Harbor visit
Vietnam – S.Korea flights momentarily unaffected have 287 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 24, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.