Nation Vietnam, EU discuss protection and promotion of human rights The Saigon Times Daily Thursday, Feb 20, 2020,19:05 (GMT+7) Vietnam, EU discuss protection and promotion of human rightsThe Saigon Times Daily HCMC – Vietnam and the European Union held a human rights dialogue in Hanoi on February 19, during which both sides outlined their commitments to the protection and promotion of human rights and to overcoming challenges in this area for the betterment of their peoples and societies. The Vietnam and EU delegations shared their respective approaches, efforts and achievements in protecting and promoting human rights, according to the Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam. The EU spoke highly of Vietnam’s progress, particularly the robust social-economic development, the recent adoption of the revised Labor Code, the measures to effectively implement the newly ratified International Labor Organization Convention 98, and the steps taken towards ratification of Conventions 105 and 87. The two delegations also exchanged views and concerns on the rule of law, the promotion of economic, social, cultural rights, labor rights, land rights, and rights of vulnerable groups. The discussion also covered human rights issues at multilateral forums and the possibilities of cooperation in this area, including the fulfillment of international human rights… Read full this story
- Greece blocks EU statement on China human rights at U.N.
- Human Rights: A Solvent for Hate Speech?
- Shahidul Alam: A Singular Voice in Photography for Dignity and Human Rights
- Russia Defends Saudi Arabia in Human Rights Dispute with Canada, Dividing Two Top U.S. Allies
- Americans Should Never Accept the Human Rights Catastrophe on Our Border
- Clearwater’s United for Human Rights Center Spotlights Women’s Issues at Forum on August 11
- United for Human Rights Florida Center Spotlights Women’s Issues
- Citizens Commission on Human Rights Holds 3rd Annual Banquet Honoring Purple Heart Day
- Former Chile president appointed new UN human rights chief
- Human Rights Group Honors Military with Marine Color Guard for Purple Heart Day
Vietnam, EU discuss protection and promotion of human rights have 313 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 20, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.