Vietnam has imposed a temporary suspension of entry on people with recent travel history to areas affected by the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) epidemic as per a new directive signed by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc. In the new directive, PM Phuc asked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to promptly inform South Korea and other countries and territories about Vietnam’s newly adopted measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 epidemic. The COVID-19, which first surfaced in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019, has infected over 82,000 people and killed 2,800 globally as of Wednesday, according to the South China Morning Post. South Korea has confirmed 12 deaths and almost 1,600 infections so far, with the majority of them in Daegu, its fourth-largest city, and its neighboring North Gyeongsang Province, according to Reuters. South Korea accounted for a quarter of Vietnam’s 18 million tourists last year – the biggest group after Chinese visitors, whose travel had already been curtailed because of the virus, Reuters reported. As per Vietnam’s measures to fight against the spread of COVID-19, all travelers coming from any area that has reported cases of COVID-19, including parts of South Korea, are suspended from entering the Southeast Asian… Read full this story
- Elderly Man Denied Entry to U.S. After Accidentally Declaring Himself a Terrorist
- Canada Warns Citizens to Use Cash to Purchase Legal Weed So They Don’t Get Denied Entry to the U.S.
- Woman says she was denied entry to Louvre over revealing dress
- Greek policeman, 98 other Greeks denied entry to Albania
- Travelers set to hit a 15-year high over Thanksgiving
- Germany Bans Jamal Khashoggi Murder Suspects From Travel in European Schengen Area
- Explore Oregon Podcast: Limited entry comes to Oregon wilderness areas
- Thanksgiving travel expected to hit 13-year high
- Year-end holiday travel expected to hit all-time high
- Despite Colorado’s higher gas prices, Thanksgiving travel expected to hit historic high
Vietnam denies entry to travelers from COVID-19-hit areas have 306 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.