At a vocational training class for persons with disabilities in Kon Tum province (Source: VNA) Hung represented Vietnam at the 58th session of the commission held in New York from February 10-19 under the theme “Affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness”. He shared that Vietnam has social protection policies for people of all age groups, including care centres for the elderly, orphans and people with disabilities, the “shelter house” model for women and children who are victims of domestic violence, and the “peaceful house” model for victims of human trafficking. The Vietnamese representative also spoke of Vietnam’s efforts to cope with climate change as floods, droughts and forest fires can result in homelessness. During the session, representatives from other countries also shared their experience in addressing the issue, including loans to buy affordable houses for low-income earners, housing programmes for the poorest families, temporary accommodation in emergency situations, and national strategies to manage and reduce disaster risks. VNA
- Developers can apply for WWDC scholarship starting March 27 to get a free ticket and lodging
- Google Play promo codes now available in Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam
- HOW TO: Give Back With Social MicroFunding in 2009
- You can now reserve seats for Google I/O 2018 sessions via the updated schedule
- Father's rejection may increase child's social anxiety, loneliness
- iOS: Has Apple damaged developers?
- Four Gay and Lesbian Social Networks Coming Out
- How Apple Developer Enterprise license works
- Commission on College Basketball says ban NCAA cheats, end "one-and-done": AP
- Vietnam announces top 100 sustainable enterprises in 2018
Vietnam attends UN social development commission session have 253 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at February 20, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.