A WEEKEND of misery is set to bring powerful winds and snow to the UK. On Saturday, it will be dry in much of the South, but across the North there will outbreaks of rain – especially in Northern Ireland and Scotland. Temperatures will be about 9C or 10C in the South and no more than 7C to 9C in the North. However by Sunday, temperatures will struggle to hit the double digits as parts of Scotland will likely see snow. Rain and wind will push from the South and head North on Sunday, making for a wet and windy day. John Griffith, a senior operational meteorologist at the Met Office, told The Sun Online: “Areas of rain will spread from the South West throughout the morning.”It will affect much of England, Wales and Scotland. “Scotland will be dry at the start of the day before the rain comes from the South. “There will be hill snow across Scotland in the afternoon – currently there is some uncertainty about where and how low it will get. “In Northern Scotland there will about 2 to 5cm of snow in areas above 300metres.”The weather will not improve by Monday as the Met… Read full this story
- Tuesday’s UK weather forecast — another wet day across western Scotland with sunny and dry spells in southern regions
- Storm Ali – where is the oncoming storm, what’s the Met Office warning level and what’s the UK weather forecast?
- UK weather forecast: ‘Heavy showers’ as the UK braces for torrential downpour
- Storm Callum will bring torrential rain to lash Britain, Met Office warns
- What is the UK weather forecast for the August bank holiday?
- Hurricane Helene – what are the Met Office weather warnings for the storm and what is the UK weather forecast?
- Met Office warns of Arctic blast of subzero temperatures and snow this weekend
- UK weather forecast – Arctic blast sends mercury plunging 10C as Met Office warns of SNOW this weekend
- UK weather forecast: Britain bombarded by heavy downpours as thunderstorms ravage nation
- UK weather forecast – Storm Callum sends massive waves smashing into UK coastline as Brits warned to be prepared
UK weather forecast – SNOW and 60mph winds to hit this weekend as icy rain sweeps across England, Met Office warns have 351 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 1, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.