Unicar, a start-up based in Vietnam’s central Nghe An province, is currently testing out its services in the province’s capital, Vinh Town. Services on the Unicar app includes Uni Car (car ride-hailing), Uni Bike (motorbike ride-hailing), Uni Fast (express delivery service), Uni Truck (logistics service) and Uni Rent (self-drive car rental). The company says it plans to expand its services to central towns of Hue and Nha Trang, two major tourist hotspots in Vietnam, in the near future. ZuumViet, another startup, has been posting driver recruiting advertisements for its ride-hailing app since early December, offering financial incentives such as reduced royalty collection for its first 3,000 drivers. ZuumViet’s services will include ZuumBike (motorbikes), ZuumCar (4-seater and 7-seater cars) and ZuumLux (luxury cars like Audi, BMW), according to the company’s website. The company has yet to publicise a launch date. To compete with domestic firms, Singapore-based ride-hailing giant Grab, which dominates the market now, has also recently introduced an “Advance Booking” service in Hanoi, which allows Grab customers to book rides at least seven days in advance. The company said it will test out the service in Hanoi this month, before rolling it out to other provinces and localities. According to latest figures by global market… Read full this story
- Local ride-hailing apps struggle to compete with Grab
- Traditional taxi firms demand equal treatment with ride-hailing apps
- Chinese-owned ride-hailing app 99 racks up 1 bln rides in Brazil
- Ride-Hailing Apps Are Clogging New York's Streets
- Viettel Post debuts ride-hailing app.
- 57% of Indians prefer ride-hailing over own vehicle
- Uber, Lyft start ride hailing services in Vancouver: Report
- New air routes planned for Vietnam
- Educational and gaming app for children launched
- Google may soon challenge Slack with a new 'unified' messaging app for businesses
Two new ride-hailing apps prepare Vietnam launch have 284 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 15, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.