On Feb 14, State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi sat down with Reuters Global Managing Editor Alessandra Galloni in Berlin for an exclusive interview. The following is the transcript: Alessandra Galloni: The coronavirus has clearly been tragic for many of your people. It has spread to other parts of the world. It has resulted in travel restrictions. Is China facing a crisis of confidence? Wang Yi: This sudden outbreak of novel coronavirus pneumonia (NCP, or COVID-19) is a severe challenge to China and the world at large. Under the leadership of President Xi Jinping, the Chinese government and people have withstood the test and won the respect and recognition of the international community with their efforts and even sacrifice. After the outbreak, the Chinese government immediately set up a nationwide mechanism to mobilize resources from across the country. We have taken the most comprehensive, stringent and thorough prevention and control measures, many of which are well beyond what is required by the International Health Regulations and the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO). With the Chinese speed, we are working day and night to save the life of every patient. With the Chinese strength, we are united as… Read full this story
- Mohammad Javad Zarif: Iran rejects foreign minister's resignation
- Exclusive: U.S. sends message to Turkey, halts F-35 equipment shipments
- Exclusive: US Vows to Pursue Ship Owners Who Violate Iran Oil Sanctions
- Exclusive: Goldman’s China-backed fund bucks trade tensions to buy U.S. firm
- Exclusive: Germany to create fund to foil foreign takeovers after China moves
- Exclusive: Heavily indebted Lebanon promises quick reforms
- Exclusive: Islamic State fighter wants to return to Italy, warns of 'sleeper cells'
- Exclusive: Facing crackdown in Canada, drugmakers offered billions in price cuts
- Exclusive: Exxon eyes Israel gas bid in major Middle East shift
- Exclusive: Two Belgian women, renouncing Islamic State, fear kids will never go home
Transcript of State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi's exclusive interview with Reuters have 305 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.