In a communication to Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism’s Vietnam Tourism Advisory Board said more than just preferential taxes and fees are required to save the industry. It wants visa exemption, extending Vietnam visa period to 30 days, allowing tourists from Europe, Australia and Canana to return any time they wish to, because those three markets are now the best chance of the tourism sector for now, given that they have recorded the lowest decrease in number of tourists and flights. From now until Vietnam is able to totally control the epidemic, the government should step up tourism promotion in those three markets and sustain them until the world too is rid of the epidemic, it said. Subsequently, the tourism industry needs to actively promote itself in China and Southeast Asia, it said. There should be a website to provide clear information in English about health checks and quarantine of visitors at borders to benefit people making plans to visit Vietnam, it said. Value added tax on tourism should be halved to 5 percent and tourism companies should be given six to 12 months to pay the tax period, it said. In 2020 and… Read full this story
- Consultant suggests solutions to problems eStem charter school created on UA-Little Rock campus
- Quality Resolution Systems Suggests Solutions to Mitigate Ford's Tariffs Losses
- Middletown’s ‘Hillbilly Elegy’ author seeks solutions for Ohio’s problems
- Challenge African Youth: Showcase solutions for the Africa We Want at the 2018 Africities Youth Forum
- Can we end opioid epidemic by legalizing all drugs?
- Former Las Vegas tourism boss pursued time-off payout
- Doctors Warn of Global C-Section ‘Epidemic’
- Pure Hospitality Solutions Completes Name Change and Corporate Restructuring
- FDA Moves to End ‘Epidemic’ of Teen Vaping
- Officials hopeful tourism numbers will soon turn corner after a tumultuous stretch
Tourism authority suggests solutions for slump caused by epidemic have 295 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.