HCM City’s Tan Son Nhat International Airport is seeking permission from the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam to repair a severely downgraded runway at night. Tan Son Nhat international airport in HCM City, the country’s largest and busiest airport. Photo courtesy of the Airport Corporation of Vietnam If approved, runway 25R/07L, one of the airport’s two runways, is expected to be closed from midnight to 7am daily between February 27 and March 9. It is only a precursor of some major renovation that has been planned. The work would be funded by the airport’s own resources, a spokesperson said. There are visible cracks and deformation on the runway, with airplane wheel marks scarring its surface. Worse still, subsidence of its surface poses a potential threat to aircraft safety, according to airport authorities. The runway is designed to handle wide-bodied aircraft used for long-haul flights for 10 years or 55,100 take-offs and landings. But in less than five years, by April 2018, there had been a total of 126,000 take-offs and landings. Vietnam’s major airports have been overloaded for years. Damages to runways and taxiways have been reported since 2016, though few repairs have been done since they are constantly in… Read full this story
- Why is CNN the only “news” network allowed in U.S. airports after being caught repeatedly pushing fake news?
- Gatwick live updates – Airport reopens after ANOTHER drone sighting causes passenger chaos as cat-and-mouse game continues
- Gatwick live updates – Two arrested for ‘criminal use of drones’ after airport chaos saw hundreds of flights grounded
- Climate change means no airport expansion – at Heathrow or anywhere
- You Can Thank the Planet's Shifty Magnetic Poles for Airports Renaming Runways
- Flights grounded after drone spotted over Dublin Airport runway just weeks after Gatwick Airport chaos
- Travellers share grim stories of being stuck on planes during Atlanta airport blackout
- I-Team: 10 Years After 'Miracle on Hudson,' More Than 500 Bird Strikes Reported at NYC-Area Airports
- New York's JFK Airport turns into a mob scene as disasters pile on
- As if! Richard Wilkins' son Christian is seen arriving at Gold Coast airport in a Clueless-inspired ensemble ahead of this weekend's Logie Awards
Tan Son Nhat airport seeks to close 1 runway for repairs have 349 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.