Syria has conducted airstrikes on Turkish outposts in the rebel stronghold of Idlib, according to Turkish officials. 29 soldiers were killed and dozens more wounded in the regime offensive, Governor of the border province of Hatay said. NATO has condemned the attack, describing it as “indiscriminate.” Turkish forces have launched a counterstrike against Syrian regime targets in Idlib, according to the office of President Erdogan. Read more: Idlib — The Syrian region abandoned by the world All updates in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC/GMT) 00:35 The US State Department has expressed its alarm at the escalating developments in Idlib while coming out in support of Turkey, and citing Iran as partly responsible. “We stand by our NATO ally Turkey and continue to call for an immediate end to this despicable offensive by the Assad regime, Russia, and Iranian-backed forces,” a State Department representative said in a statement. Idlib: Syria’s last remaining rebel stronghold Nowhere to seek shelter Many Syrian families have been forced to leave Idlib, which remains the last stronghold of forces opposed to President Assad, and some — like this woman and her children — struggle to find refuge. Idlib: Syria’s last remaining rebel stronghold Constant fear of airstrikes Idlib has been the site for multiple airstrikes from Turkish forces,… Read full this story
- OPCW Rejects Russian, Iranian Proposal on Investigating Idlib Chemical Incident
- Lavrov: Idlib Chemical Incident 'Provocation Aimed at Undermining Ceasefire'
- Turkey's Erdogan warns of flooding Europe with Syrian refugees if EU calls assault an 'invasion'
- Underground Care: Syrian Doctors Quietly Fill Treatment Void in Turkey
- Syria bombing debate LIVE: Theresa May faces MPs over UK's retaliation to chemical weapons attack
- Syria's children enduring hell on earth but give us reason to stand up again, says Syrian aid worker
- Death of a terrorist: On Baghdadi's killing
- Syrian rebels decry Russian airstrikes: 'we have not had Isis here in over a year'
- Tens of thousands flee Aleppo following latest wave of airstrikes in Syria
- Airstrikes, shelling kill 11 in Syria’s rebel-held areas
Syrian airstrikes kill dozens of Turkish troops in Idlib — live updates have 323 words, post on www.dw.com at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.