Coal mining dumps of Cua Ong Coal Selection Company, a member of Vietnam National Coal-Mineral Industries Holding Corporation Limited (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Industry and Trade has requested state-owned coal and oil-gas producers to develop plans and measures to response to impact of the acute respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The ministry asked the Vietnam National Coal – Mineral Industries Holding Corporation Limited (Vinacomin) and the military-run Dong Bac Corporation to get ready for the negative impact of the epidemic, saying they must prepare sufficient personnel, equipment and supplies for coal production and distribution, and to ensure stable supply for their customers, especially power producers. It also ordered the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) to keep a close watch on the global market developments and take proper measures to cope with falling crude oil prices as a result of the epidemic. After the epidemic began spreading, the Brent crude oil price plunged from around 65 USD per barrel to 57 USD per barrel on February 17, lower than the assumption of 60 USD per barrel in the State budget estimate for this year. The three companies must also speed up their… Read full this story
- HC notices to Centre, State on measures to stop spread of COVID-19
- COVID 19: Two policemen arrested for contravening IGP’s lockdown rules in Abia
- Billionaire Jeff Bezos hints Amazon could deliver 'easy-to-access' COVID-19 tests across the world after conversations with WHO as workers in 17 US warehouses test positive for the virus
- USAID to provide $2.9 million aid fight Covid-19 in India
- USAID to provide $2.9 million to support fight against Covid-19 in India
- Covid-19 state tally: Cases inch toward 900 in Maharashtra, Tripura reports first patient
- State-owned enterprises face VND3.7 trillion loss in Q1 due to COVID-19
- Kamal Haasan pens open letter to PM Narendra Modi on COVID-19 lockdown, says 'mistake of demonetisation is being repeated'
- Handling of Ruby Princess COVID-19 incident is 'criminal negligence' says Chris Bowen on Q+A, medical department heads buying from Bunnings
- Local councils stand down hundreds of employees as they are not eligible for COVID-19 JobKeeper program
State-owned coal, oil producers urged to response to COVID-19 have 341 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.