US President Donald began his address at the Motera stadium in Ahmedabad with a ‘namaste’, and called Prime Minister Narendra Modi as his “true friend”. Trump said, “America loves India, America respects India,” in front of thousands of people. Trump said, “All over the planet people take great joy in watching Bollywood films, bhangra, and classic films like DDLJ and Sholay. You cheer on great cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli.” Trump said they would remember India’s “remarkable hospitality”, adding “PM Modi started out as ‘tea wallah’, he worked as a tea seller. Everybody loves him but I will tell you this, he is very tough.” Trump said, “We have $3 billion defence deal with India.” Earlier in his address, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, “India-US ties are no longer just another partnership, it’s a far greater closer relationship.” The Prime Minister in opening address at Motera stadium said ‘Namaste’ Trump. “New history is being created,” said PM Modi, adding “Welcome to world’s biggest democracy.” Modi said, “Ties between India and the US no longer just another partnership; it is far greater and closer relationship.” US President Trump and PM Modi were welcomed by Home Minister Amit Shah… Read full this story
- China’s ‘expansionist’ designs and India’s growing global ‘clout’ tops President Kovind’s address to the nation
- Trump Begins ‘Optimistic’ Convention With Familiar Moaning and Groaning
- Melania Trump to address Republican convention as GOP makes appeals to female voters
- Ayatollah Says America Can't Stop Iran Getting Nuclear Weapons
- Michelle Obama Says America's Gotten 'Super, Super Bad,' Implores People to Vote
- Biden Foreign Policy Plan Says Trump Has Left U.S. Image 'In Tatters'
- Biden Says Trump Is 'Consumed by Blinding Ego' When It Comes to Obama, Calls for Severe Punishments for 'Bad Cops'
- Herschel Walker: ‘If You Love America and Want to Make It Better, Donald Trump Is Your President’
- President Kovind Independence Day Eve Speech LIVE Updates: Entire nation salutes Galwan Valley martyrs
- Herschel Walker: ‘Losing Friends Has Been a Big Cost’ in Supporting Trump
President Trump begins his address with 'Namaste', says America loves India, America respects India have 335 words, post on zeenews.india.com at February 24, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.