President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa of Portugal arrived in Goa on Saturday on a two-day visit, during which his country and the state government will sign an MoU on augmenting water supply and sewerage management. He was welcomed at the international airport by troupes performing traditional dances, and feted at Chicalim and Sirodao villages by local residents, officials said. In the evening, Mr. Sousa will chair an event where water and sanitation firm Aguas de Portugal will sign a Memorandum of Understanding with Goa’s Public Works Department on augmenting water supply and managing sewerage. Later during the evening, Sousa would inaugurate a seminar on urban designs organised by state-run Imagine Panaji Smart City Development Limited. He will attend a dinner hosted by Goa Governor Satya Pal Malik on Saturday evening at Raj Bhavan, and on Sunday Sousa will visit Santa Monica Church and Museum of Christian Art at Old Goa. He will be leaving Goa on Sunday, officials said.
- Reopening did not increase coronavirus infection rate: Portuguese president
- Kofi Annan on three-day visit
- Quiet villages, quaint cafes, riverside paradise, Susegad and more: Revisiting Goa away from the beaches
- Vice President Pence visits Vermont ahead of trip to Poland
- 'I couldn't do any wrong with my mother.' Donald Trump opens up about his parents on Mother's Day and twice-divorced father-of-five says not being brought up in a 'single family' is a 'tremendous advantage'
- U.K. plans 14-day compulsory quarantine for all airport arrivals
- But officer, I'm allowed to go to the beach! Police STOP day-trippers heading for Brighton as 15 million sun worshippers are predicted to defy beauty spot pleas to stay away and enjoy 70F temperatures in the first weekend since lockdown was eased
- Portuguese leaders encourage industries to reopen under strict conditions amid pandemic
- Coronavirus | 154 crew members of ships to be quarantined in Goa: Pramod Sawant
- Goa reports five more cases to take tally to 15
Portuguese president arrives in Goa on 2-day visit have 308 words, post on www.thehindu.com at February 15, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.