E-commerce platforms were enhancing control against stores selling masks and hand sanitiser at high prices. — Photo vtv.vn HÀ NỘI — Online shopping platforms in Việt Nam were enhancing cooperation with the Department of e-Commerce and Digital Economy to regularly check the sales of face masks and hand sanitiser. The move is to prevent stores from selling these products at high prices amid the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). A total of nearly 223,600 online stores with more than one million products on shopping platforms like Shopee.vn, lazada.vn, tiki,vn, chotot.com, vatgia.com and fado.vn came under scrutiny. Among them, more than 30,000 stores were found with nearly 48,000 products sold at exorbitant prices. Shopee.vn removed products listed at unusually high prices. The platform also implemented an automatic keyword control system for newly-listed products. Tiki.vn was seeking to expand supply of face masks and promised to sell these products at stable prices. It also kept regular control over prices of products. Lazada.vn said that it already sent warnings to sellers and asked them to adjust prices to more reasonable levels. Most violations were found on Shopee.vn with a total of more than 2,300 stores and 3,400 products listed at high prices. — VNS
- Venezuela jails 34 store managers on charges of price gouging
- Are you using the right anti-pollution face mask?
- Stuff common face masks with tissue to filter tiny dust in a pinch, research finds
- Free face masks distributed in forest-friendly campaign
- ForMe Clothing launches pre-holiday collection, online store
- NDP will block gas-price gouging on long weekends, Horwath says
- U.S. Tim Hortons franchisee group sues RBI over alleged price gouging, equity theft
- US top court rejects Maryland bid to revive drug price-gouging law
- Govt warns stern action against traders who raise price of face masks
- Bangkok smog: Stuff common face masks with tissue to filter tiny dust particles PM2.5, Thai research finds
Online stores work to stop face mask price gouging have 309 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 20, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.