More than 500 cases of the killer coronavirus have been detected in prisons across China, fuelling fears about the infection’s ability to spread rapidly in confined areas. In response to the crisis, nine Communist officials and two prison chiefs from three provinces were sacked. Beijing has now sent out a special team to investigate the situation, which has seen guards stuck down by SARS-CoV-2 as well as inmates. It comes as China’s National Health Commission today reported 889 new cases of the never-before-seen virus. The figure is more than double the toll that was recorded the day before (394), which was the lowest in almost a month. In other developments today to the coronavirus crisis, which has struck down almost 77,000 people worldwide and killed more than 2,200: Iran confirmed 13 new cases of the killer virus and two new deaths, bringing its total fatalities to four – the highest amount outside of mainland China Italy announced three new cases of SARS-CoV-2, after a 38-year-old man caught it from a friend who’d recently returned from China Israel reported its first case of the contagious virus – a passenger who caught it on the quarantined Diamond Princess cruise ship, docked off the coast of Japan Lebanon’s Minister… Read full this story
- Fresh UK quarantine fears for Croatia as daily coronavirus cases increase amid fears new rules could be brought in on FRIDAY - as Matt Hancock says ministers are working with Heathrow on testing scheme that could reduce 14-day isolation
- Spain bans smoking in public nationwide and closes nightclubs and late-night bars as coronavirus cases hit 3,000 a day in worsening 'second wave'
- Texas Children's Hospital Admits Adult Patients As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- Florida's Daily Coronavirus Cases Triple From When State Began Reopening
- Florida Closes Beaches for July 4 Weekend as Coronavirus Cases Skyrocket
- Health expert claims Americans will be wearing masks and doing 'some degree of social distancing for several years' as 42 states continue to see a surge in coronavirus cases
- Meat processing plant forced to close as 35 workers in new coronavirus 'cluster'
- The new Black Monday: Coronavirus chaos sees FTSE 100 close 7.7% down at 5966 points - its lowest in four years after £125 billion is wiped off shares in biggest daily drop since 2008 crash
- Europe on red alert for coronavirus: North Macedonia and Greece confirm cases, France announces its second death, Italy's infection toll nears 400 with 12 dead and Austria quarantines a dozen people
- The Latest: City in China resumes large-scale virus testing
More than 500 new coronavirus cases are detected in PRISONS across China, fuelling fears about the virus's ability to spread - as Iran confirms two more deaths and Israel and Lebanon announce their first cases have 396 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.