The funeral of Manchester United great Harry Gregg took place in his hometown of Coleraine in Northern Ireland on Friday. Former Northern Ireland international Gregg, who was named the best goalkeeper of the 1958 World Cup, died earlier this week aged 87.He will be forever associated with the Munich Air Disaster on February 6, 1958, when a plane transporting Matt Busby’s young Manchester United side back from a European game in the former Yugoslavia crashed on a snowy runway after a refuelling stop.Gregg survived the crash that claimed 23 lives and twice returned to the burning fuselage to drag United team-mates and strangers to safety. Win £250k on Tuesday with Super 6 FREE TO PLAY: Do not miss your chance to land the Super 6 jackpot for the sixth time this season on Tuesday. He rescued United players Sir Bobby Charlton and Dennis Viollet from the BEA Flight 609, as well as a 20-month-old baby and her badly injured pregnant mother.Charlton was among those who gathered to say farewell to a goalkeeper whose courage in the aftermath of the 1958 disaster is part of club folklore.Fellow United legends Sir Alex Ferguson and Denis Law also attended the service. His funeral… Read full this story
- Can Solskjaer Save Manchester United's Season?
- Wayne Rooney leads Manchester United over AC Milan – LA Times
- Is debt-ridden Manchester United in decline?
- FAC: Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham
- Galaxy’s Beckham set for reunion with Manchester United
- Newcastle United 1-2 Manchester United
- Manchester United beats Wolfsburg 3-1 to top group
- Meghan Markle And Prince Harry: Can the Royal Wedding Change Centuries of Racism and Classism in Britain?
- George HW Bush funeral – Former president gets hero’s send-off as Obamas, Clintons & Trumps share front row at service
- Ruud could earn his Spurs – Harry
Manchester United greats turn out for Harry Gregg funeral in Coleraine have 286 words, post on www.skysports.com at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.