Asia News Malaysia’s Mahathir returns as interim PM amid political uncertainty The Saigon Times Daily Tuesday, Feb 25, 2020,12:18 (GMT+7) Malaysia’s Mahathir returns as interim PM amid political uncertaintyThe Saigon Times Daily Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad attends a meeting of political and civil leaders looking to change the government in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, March 27, 2016 – PHOTO: REUTERS KUALA LUMPUR (REUTERS) – Malaysia’s Mahathir Mohamad went back to work on Tuesday with the new title of interim prime minister, a day after he resigned the leadership in a shock move that plunged the country into political turmoil. Mahathir, who at 94 is the world’s oldest government leader, made no comment as he arrived by car at his office in Putrajaya. He disbanded his entire cabinet late on Monday after resigning as prime minister and agreeing to a request from Malaysia’s king to stay on until a successor is named. Mahathir’s resignation broke apart an already fragile coalition with old rivals including Anwar Ibrahim, 72, that had scored a surprise election victory on an anti-corruption platform in 2018 but has since become increasingly unpopular. It was not immediately clear how long Mahathir would remain in the interim role, when a new cabinet… Read full this story
- Cubit tries to focus on football amid Illinois uncertainty
- FIFA election date won’t change amid Platini uncertainty
- Arizona, Washington meet amid quarterback uncertainty
- Cowboys DB returns to practice amid sexual assault investigation
- Zimmerman patiently waiting to return to Nationals amid ‘brutal’ DL stint
- Boris Johnson's first Commons speech as PM: what is he promising?
- Corbyn walks out of PM’s Brexit meeting over Umunna invitation
- Civil service stressed and floundering amid Brexit paralysis
- PM addresses issues of concern during Q&A session
- Boris Johnson yet to make a phone call to Irish PM Leo Varadkar
Malaysia's Mahathir returns as interim PM amid political uncertainty have 293 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.