Seoul: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un warned top party officials of the “serious consequences” of failing to prevent an outbreak of the new coronavirus in the country, state media reported Saturday. The impoverished nation, with a weak and ill-equipped healthcare system, has closed its borders to prevent the spread of the disease into its territory. Kim told a meeting of the ruling Workers’ Party of Korea that the fight against the virus was a “crucial state affair for the defence of the people” that required maximum discipline, according to the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA). Kim as saying. Untitled Carousel Coronavirus crash wipes $5 trillion off global stocksThe markets have compounded their worst week since 2008 global financial crisis. Economists warn the impact of the outbreak could trigger global recession as Covid-19 could become a global pandemic Two senior officials — party vice-chairmen Ri Man Gon and Pak Thae Dok — were sacked, and a party unit disbanded for corruption, the report said, indicating that they might have been involved in graft linked with the anti-epidemic measures. “No special cases must be allowed,” Kim added and ordered officials to “seal off all the channels and space through which… Read full this story
- How will Kim Jong Un’s sister rule North Korea? Experts paint a grim picture
- What happens if Kim Jong Un is dead? Explaining North Korea’s succession plan
- Japan's Defence Minister Suggests Kim's Health, Bad Economy Behind North Korea's Recent Actions
- On Korean War 70th Anniversary, What Does the North's Kim Jong Un Want?
- Is Kim Jong-un in a coma and will his sister Kim Yo-jong take over if he dies?
- North Korea says it’s sending soldiers to joint border sites
- Why did Kim Jong-un order pet dogs to be confiscated in North Korea?
- North Korea Kills Rumors of Another Trump-Kim Jong Un Summit
- Trump Defends Kim Jong Un Going 'Ballistic' After Bolton's 'Libya Model'
- US ambassador says North Korea canceled Pompeo talks
Kim Jong Un warns of 'serious consequences' if coronavirus reaches North Korea have 319 words, post on ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com at February 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.