An elevated section of HCM City’s Ben Thanh – Suoi Tien metro line running along the Hanoi Highway (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNA) – Ho Chi Minh City’s authorities have pledged to help contractors speed up work on the first metro line between Ben Thanh Market in district 1 and Suoi Tien Theme Park in district 9 so that it can be completed by the end of next year. Speaking at a meeting on February 5, Vo Van Hoan, Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee, said the much-awaited metro has been long delayed due to a shortage of funds and issues related to land acquisition. The project is expected to be 85 percent complete this year, he said. “A joint effort is needed between the Japanese and the city governments to achieve the result. “The contractors, design consultants and workers all play a role in speeding up the progress. “The city will strive to ensure the project is completed by 2021 or even earlier,” he said. Bui Xuan Cuong, head of the HCM City Management Board of Urban Railway (MAUR), said the target is to complete 85 percent of the work this year and fully done by the end… Read full this story
- HCM City metro project scheduled for pilot operation in June
- Hanoi's second metro line gets ready for trial run next year
- Buttigieg vows to work harder on diversity and inclusion in response to staffers' concerns
- HCM City’s anti-traffic jam solutions go bust
- Maha-Metro signs Rs 1,600 cr loan agreement with EIB for Pune metro
- New Mumbai metro chief non-committal on car shed in Aarey Colony
- Chinese experts cannot return to work on Hanoi metro amid coronavirus fears
- Reconsider changing route of Metro 5: Eknath Shinde to officials
- What's the best and worst Muni light-rail line in San Francisco?
- Demolishing Dushanbe: how the former city of Stalinabad is erasing its Soviet past
HCM City vows to speed up work on first metro line have 301 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.