HCM City striker Nguyễn Công Phượng is expected to shine in the AFC Cup match against Yangon United on Tuesday. Photo of HCM CIty FC Football HÀ NỘI — HCM City FC and Than Quảng Ninh FC may be starting their AFC Cup campaigns away from home due to the novel coronavirusoutbreak, but both sides are still brimming with confidence. Hà Nội FC, the V.League 1 and National Cup winners, were banned from AFC tournaments after they failed to register enough junior squads to compete in continental competitions, making HCM City, the National Cup runners-up, and Quảng Ninh, the V.League1’s third-placed team, the Vietnamese representatives in the AFC Cup. HCM City today will face Yangon United, who currently second in the Myanmar National League, in Group F’s opener at Thuwunna Stadium. This year is Yangon’s seventh AFC Cup, with their best result coming two years ago when they reached the ASEAN Zonal semi-final. Meanwhile, HCM City will debut this season and their hopes have been pinned on the shoulders of national team striker and new signing Nguyễn Công Phượng, with two key foreign players Matias Jadue and Viktor Prodell left at home due to injuries. The 25-year-old player has struggled to reach his best form… Read full this story
- Aberdeen star Niall McGinn hails O'Neills Foyle Cup tournament
- New Zealand begin World Cup charge against Sri Lanka
- Man City 6-0 Watford: City clinch historic domestic treble
- When is the Carabao Cup 2nd round draw and how can I watch it?
- Women's World Cup 2019 kits: every home and away shirt ranked
- England survive late Scotland scare to win World Cup opener
- FA Cup counts lowest average attendance in last decade
- Brewers away at Port Vale in Carabao Cup first round
- Cricket World Cup – The Final
- Coventry City are on the verge of matching this 46-year record
HCM City, Quảng Ninh to begin AFC Cup tournament away from home have 310 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.