HCM City leaders meeting on Tuesday discuss a co-ordinated response to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus. — VNA/VNS Photo HCM CITY — HCM City leaders have called for a co-ordinated response to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus and raise public awareness of the risk of the SARS-CoV-2’ spread in the city. Nguyễn Thiện Nhân, Secretary of the city Party Committee, said at a meeting on Tuesday that early detection and quarantine of infected people are key in the fight against the epidemic. The city has earmarked 1,000 isolated beds in hospitals to quarantine and treat infected patients, he said. The medical system would be overburdened and there would be not enough doctors and nurses to treat infected patients if the number of cases exceeds 1,000, he warned. “There is high pressure on the leaders of districts and wards to prevent the spread of infection in their communities and promptly quarantine suspected cases.” He urged State agencies to focus on efforts to stop the virus from spreading in the community and quarantining suspected individuals in a timely manner. Nguyễn Thành Phong, chairman of the city People’s Committee, said the current hot weather would aid the city’s efforts… Read full this story
- HCM City to host Asian-Pacific cities’ tourism promotion forum
- Kenya: Police, City Askaris Intensify Crackdown On Errant Boda Boda Operators
- Trump-Kim summit preparations intensify
- DS Virgin Racing preparing for Swiss fight in Zurich
- UK 'must prepare for Russia fight'
- NFL Players Are Preparing For A Fight After All
- City’s endless street fight: bikes vs. cars
- City prepares to advertise for zoo management
- No Thais affected by Osaka quake, as city prepares for strong aftershocks
- Tri-cities prepare for Relay for Life
HCM City prepares to intensify coronavirus fight have 280 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.