Hanoi’s air quality has remained at “very unhealthy” levels since Thursday, placing the capital at the top of the world’s most air polluted cities list. Hanoi’s Minh Khai Street is engulfed by haze. — VNS Photo Khoa Thu As of 1.30pm on Friday, Hanoi’s air quality index was recorded at 293 by tracking app AirVisual, meaning all people, regardless their age and physical conditions, can be affected. Hanoi’s public environmental tracking portal has reported similar results with Ly Thai To in Hoan Kiem District, De La Thanh, O Cho Dua in Dong Da District and Nguyen Che Nghia in Thanh Xuan District among most polluted areas. Meanwhile, due to extended school closures, many university students have not yet come back to Hà Nội, leading to the low traffic flow. The soaring number of private vehicles and temperature inversion are, according to local authorities, a major factor for poor air quality in Hanoi. However, many environmental experts have started raising doubts, saying there must be other pollutants. Other Northern provinces like Hai Duong, Nam Dinh and Bac Ninh have also chocked in filthy air with AQI recorded at hazardous levels of above 300. — VNS Hanoians worried as air quality has… Read full this story
- Five ways to avoid air pollution where you live
- Family relocate to Wales due to Bristol's air pollution
- ‘Plant a tree to minimise air pollution’
- Is air pollution actually getting worse in Britain?
- Activists block traffic in Dublin to urge air pollution measures
- Air polluted in 56 percent of Turkish provinces: Report
- Satellite images show increased Amazon air pollution
- Used car imports from UK fuel air pollution worries
- Ireland could top world rankings
- China winning the fight against deadly air pollution
Hanoi tops the world’s most air polluted cities have 280 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.