A Vietnamese student has just won scholarships to five high schools in the US. Ngo Nhat Minh Ngo Nhat Minh, 17, is now a freshman at the Iolani boarding high school in Honolulu, Hawaii. Before winning a USD240,000 scholarship for four-year studying at the school, Nhat Minh had always ranked at the top of his classes during 11 years at the French-speaking Alexandre Yarsin School in Hanoi. He’s very good at learning languages. Besides his Vietnamese and French, Minh can speak English, German and Spanish. The boy is also good at chess and martial arts. Sharing about his decision to choose to study in the US, Minh said that he has a special love for cinema and was so impressed when visiting the Hollywood Universal Studio at the age of 13. “At that moment I understood that I could follow and make my dream come true in the US which has the world’s leading cinema industry,” Minh told Dantri/Dtinews. He started to study English and got the TOEFL, SSAT certificates before applying for scholarships at five high schools in the US including Choate Rosemary Hall, Blair Academy, Iolani, Brooks, and Cate. And he had successfully won the scholarships from all… Read full this story
- Week 6: Complete list of high-school football scores from around Washington
- Victims of US high school massacre remembered one year on
- Girls’ high school welcomes a boy – Casper the Labrador puppy
- Former Hornchurch High School student among 41 pupils from same school offered an Oxbridge place
- Columbine High School on lockdown over 'suspicious person in area'
- More than 20 schools placed on 'lockdown' after suspicious threat made against Columbine High School
- The show must go on! Primary school production saved by local high school
- Plans to close Craigavon Senior High School's Lurgan campus
- High school says it is shaking off ‘legacy’ of poor teaching and leadership
- Chambers brothers fire Wallace High School to McCullough Cup win over Sullivan
Hanoi student wins scholarships to five US high schools have 310 words, post on dtinews.vn at February 18, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.