The Global Forest & Trade Network in Vietnam (GFTN-Vietnam) has admitted a new member, Adis Pte Ltd., a retailer in wooden furniture headquartered in Singapore and operating in Ho Chi Minh City. This has raised the GFTN-Vietnam membership to 11, including 10 processors-exporters and one forest owner, earning some US$250 million in export revenue annually. GFTN is now operating in 34 nations, with Vietnam as a regional leader in the wood processing industry. The GFTN was established under an initiative by the World-Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to control illegal logging and trafficking as well as to protect forests of economic and ecological value around the world from the threat of destruction. To be eligible, potential members must commit themselves to a five-year action plan with concrete steps and timetables to gradually reduce and finally eliminate material resources of unknown origin while gradually increasing the rates of legal materials of definite origins with certificates issued by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Source: VNA
- Chinese Tech Firms Wish to Advertise Their Indian-Made Products as 'Global' Amid Trade-War With US
- The Latest: Trump says ‘arms trade treaty’ misguided
- Vietnam should promote local brands globally
- Export figures underpin strong 2019 for Vietnam
- Vietnam, US to strengthen trade, investment links
- Greater Mekong countries 'lost one-third of forest cover in 40 years'
- KIS Vietnam Empowers its broker consultants with FiinTrade Platform
- Vietnam stock market set to be world’s worst in April
- 70th anniversary of Vietnam – China diplomatic ties marked
- Wildfires: Climate change and deforestation increase the global risk
Global Forest & Trade Network expands in Vietnam have 241 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 17, 2010. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.