BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore’s disgraced former mayor is asking a judge for a sentence one year and one day in prison for a scheme that involved the sale of her self-published children’s books. Prosecutors recently asked The Baltimore Sun reported They wrote that Pugh is a “tragic figure” who went from being an “inspiring person dedicated to helping her community” to “an unemployed felon” who “lost everything that she had.” Pugh, a veteran Democratic politician, is scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 27 in Baltimore. She was elected mayor in 2016 and resigned under pressure last May. Pugh pleaded guilty in November to federal conspiracy and tax evasion charges in a deal with prosecutors. The case centers on lucrative bulk sales of Pugh’s “Healthy Holly” books to nonprofits and foundations to promote her political career and fund her run for mayor. The paperbacks were meant for schools and day care centers, but it’s unclear where tens of thousands of copies ended up.
- Trump issued ANOTHER pardon with less than an hour left of his presidency: Fox News star Jeanine Pirro's tax fraudster ex-husband Albert - who used to represent Donald - is given clemency
- Florida businessman convicted of $1BILLION Medicare fraud spent NYE dancing at his daughter's wedding days after Trump commuted his 20-year prison sentence citing his 'declining health'
- Lil Wayne is pardoned by Donald Trump: Rapper who faced 10 years in prison on firearms charge is given clemency after praising the president during 2020 election campaign
- Donald Trump Announces Pardons and Commutations for 143 People in Last Hours of Presidency
- Trump will not pardon himself, his children or Rudy Giuliani after months of speculation - with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, Edward Snowden and Tiger King's Joe Exotic all also missing out on president's clemency spree
- Trump PARDONS Steve Bannon: President grants clemency to 143 people including White House strategist who 'defrauded MAGA fans out of $1M', Lil Wayne, Kodak Black and convicted politicians
- Trump grants last-minute clemency to 143 people with 73 pardons and 70 commutations
Ex-Baltimore mayor seeks prison sentence of 1 year and 1 day have 325 words, post on apnews.com at February 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.