Thu Vân HÀ NỘI — On Valentine’s Day, Nguyễn Văn Tuấn wanted to send flowers to his wife, but he didn’t. He was called away from Hà Nội on an emergency and didn’t have time to. Unexpected calls are part of being a doctor, and Tuấn, a doctor at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, was not surprised. But this was no ordinary emergency. Tuấn was part of a team of medical professionals who treated the first Vietnamese patients to test positive for the novel coronavirus at the end of January. He stayed in hospital for 14 days, sleeping on a camp bed in his room. “It was uncomfortable, but just like my colleagues, I was too tired every night to even think about it,” Tuấn said. On February 14, he received a phone call from his boss telling him he had been assigned to a special task force to work on the prevention and control of the COVID-19 epidemic in Bình Xuyên District, Vĩnh Phúc Province. Vĩnh Phúc Province is home to 11 of the 16 confirmed COVID-19 infections recorded thus far in Việt Nam. The source of the infection was a group of eight workers who’d returned from China’s Wuhan… Read full this story
- Philadelphia ‘marijuana doctor’ suspended for ‘problematic pattern of cannabis use’
- Waiting Pains: The challenge of wooing doctors to Vermont
- Twisted Nxivm doctor borrowed $60K from friends ‘to survive’
- Trump Repeats a False Claim That Doctors ‘Execute’ Newborns
- Health care finance reforms: Give doctors tax credits for free care
- Dangote donates multi-billion Naira 2,160 bed space students hostels to Ahmadu Bello University…bags Doctorate Degree
- Hospitals and doctors’ offices are germ-filled cesspools
- Doctors use social media as a way to combat disinformation, stay in touch with patients
- Medicare-for-All Hearing: Doctor Says It's 'Impossible' to Care For Patients Afraid of 'Bankruptcy'
- Arizona’s doctor shortage harms health care, economy
Doctor on call whenever, wherever have 321 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.