BEIJING: Chinese health officials Monday urged patients who have recovered from the coronavirus to donate blood so that plasma can be extracted to treat others who are critically ill.Drugmakers are racing to develop a vaccine and treatment for the epidemic, which has which killed 1,770 people and infected over 70,500 people across China.Plasma from patients who have recovered from a spell of pneumonia triggered by COVID-19 contains antibodies that can help reduce the virus load in critically ill patients, an official from China´s National Health Commission told a press briefing Monday.”I would like to make a call to all cured patients to donate their plasma so that they can bring hope to critically ill patients,” said Guo Yanhong, who heads the NHC´s medical administration department.Eleven patients at a hospital in Wuhan — the epicentre of the disease — received plasma infusions last week, said Sun Yanrong, of the Biological Center at the Ministry of Science and Technology.”One patient (among them) has already been discharged, one is able to get off the bed and walk and the others are all recovering,” she said.The call comes days after China´s state-owned medical products maker reported successful results from its trial at Wuhan First… Read full this story
- Gene mutation blamed for lower breast cancer cure rates in China than in the West
- Scientists 'cure' alcoholism by implanting ELECTRODES in the brain – as doctor, 67, becomes first person in North America to undergo treatment
- Rights group urges China to ban gay conversion that sometimes involves electroshock
- Call for UK to ban patients travelling to China for 'organ tourism'
- ‘Scientists working hard to find HIV cure’
- Guaranteed Stomach Ulcer Cure: See The Remedy I Used To Cure my 8yrs Stomach Ulcer in just 30 Days
- Mono: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment Options
- Deadly Ebola could be managed at home with a pill that prevents the virus entering cells and spreading throughout the body, WHO scientist claims
- Finally, a cure for insomnia?
- Patients recovering from cancer ’best reward’
China urges cured patients to donate plasma for others' virus treatment have 328 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.