Truong Giang has seen sales plummet at his 16 restaurant chain outlets in Ho Chi Minh City, and knows he has to do something to keep things going. “If the customers won’t come to us, we’ll go to them,” he says. Giang has seen the number of customers at his Otoke Chicken chain drop 30-50 percent following the Covid-19 outbreak. His company has begun prioritizing takeaways and delivery, offering free shipping for orders over VND150,000 ($6.5) to all districts in Vietnam’s largest city. Giang is among many entrepreneurs in Vietnam who are trying different things to save their business from succumbing to the slowdown that has followed the outbreak, severely denting sales and revenues. Major tour company Saigontourist has announced discounts of up to 50 percent for its tour packages from March to May in one of its largest campaigns ever. Vietnamese carriers who have estimated epidemic wrought losses of VND10 trillion ($430.5 million), have been significantly lowering ticket prices to attract passengers. National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines now offers Hanoi-HCMC tickets from VND589,000 ($25) onwards, 60 percent lower than its usual rates. Budget carriers like Vietjet, Jetstar Pacific and Bamboo Airways have also lowered fares on what was the… Read full this story
- Biological farming keeps pigs alive amid epidemic
- Survival Tactic: Recognize Your Female Talent
- Survival Tactic: Recognize Your Female Talent, Part Two
- How quickly will businesses adopt Vista?
- Apple, IBM Partner to Boost Business Adoption of iOS
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 22
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 21
- US business investment still soft; jobless claims fall
- US business investment still weak; jobless claims fall
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 23
Businesses adopt survival tactics amid epidemic have 262 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.