In India’s tech city, disruptive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) will soon empower mannequins to fight crime, spot traffic offenders, fine drunk drivers and rein in criminals across the city, a top official said.“We will soon have artificial eyes fixed in mannequins as cameras with a small AI-linked computing device inside them for facial recognition through a well-connected central server,” Bengaluru Police Commissioner Bhaskar Rao told IANS in an interview here.The mannequins, however, will not be permanent fixtures at a given place but operate in a hide-and-seek mode.“The AI software will locate the culprits, tip off the police about the number of violations one has committed, count the traffic slips registered against the same vehicle, estimate the penalty amount and alert the police,” said Rao.On how futuristic dummies or connected police officers work, Rao said a drunk driver caught on M.G. Road in the city centre would be identified by the mannequin even at a far-away junction to relay information to the control room through facial recognition.“A mannequin is an outer covering of the dummy police with its AI-powered heart for futuristic technologies. Sky is the limit for using AI and robotics in policing too,”… Read full this story
- The Power Issue: 19 More Influential Texans
- ‘Food Has the Power to Transform a Person’
- 2018: The Year In Ideas: A Review Of Ideas
- POLITICO Playbook: Trump says he’s willing to give ‘amnesty’ in ‘much bigger deal’
- Blaze Bernstein murder: Was an Ivy League student slain in the name of hate?
- America Is Racist. So What Do We Do Now? Activist Lawyer Bryan Stevenson Has Some Answers
- County delegation sets agenda for 2019 General Assembly session
- The Year in Review
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on November 18, 2018
- Bill Montgomery: From smuggler's son to Maricopa County's top prosecutor
Bengaluru Police to introduce futuristic AI-powered mannequins to fight crimes have 298 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at February 22, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.