Compiled by Thiên Lý Large mergers and acquisitions deals, an explosion in digital banking and the listing of several banks’shares on the stock market are among the key events expected this year in the financial sector. Vietcombank, one of the four large State-owned lenders, is expected to lead the way with a huge M&A deal, offering 6.5 per cent of its stake for sale for around US$1 billion right at the beginning of the year. It is expected to go smoothly since many foreign investors are keen on laying their hands on the bank’s shares thanks to its outstanding business performance. For instance, last year it reported a profit of $1 billion. MBBank is thought to be planning to sell a 7.5 per cent stake for $240 million through a private offering. It is in talks with around 40 potential investors from many countries and territories, including Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and South Korea. VietinBank, in which foreign ownership is already close to the permitted… Read full this story
- Banking sector is stressed, govt in no position to bail it out: Abhijit Banerjee
- Reliance Jio announces 2020 Happy New Year offers: 1.5GB data per day and more
- ‘Banking sector is stressed, govt in no position to bail it out’: Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee
- Reforms have run their course. Will 2020 be a year of payoffs?
- Budget 2020 | Govt may raise bank deposit cover to Rs 2 lakh
- SBV sets new course to board Industry 4.0 in banking sector
- Banking sector gross credit grows by N2trn in 7 months — Emefiele
- Budget 2020 | Clean, reliable, robust financial sector key to achieve $5 trillion economy: FM
- Banking sector gross credit increased by N2.7tr – CBN
- No Bailout for Italian Banking Sector? ECB Eyes Lender Shutdowns
2020 promises to be seminal year for banking sector have 278 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.