The main grandstand, where the race starts, is named Thang Long, after the Thang Long Citadel, Hanoi’s ancient name. Following stands are named after the northern port city Hai Phong, Ha Long, Hue, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Saigon and Can Tho. Phu Quoc, named after Vietnam’s largest island off the southern coast, is the final stop. Six of them will be moveable. Hanoi F1 circuit’s new layout with 23 corners. Photo courtesy of Vietnam Grand Prix Corporation. The naming aims to promote Vietnam’s tourism and image to foreign visitors who will be attending the nation’s first Formula One and fans around the world in April. Le Ngoc Chi, CEO of Vietnam Grand Prix, said: “It is estimated that around 40 percent of the audience will be foreigners. In addition, the race will be broadcast in many countries and to millions of racing fans worldwide.” In late 2019, F1 CEO Chase Carey arrived in Hanoi to inspect the construction progress. He was clearly satisfied: “Our partners in Vietnam are doing a great job. I believe they will finish the work and hand it over to our technical setup department on time. I have watched the construction of the paddock and look… Read full this story
- Glasgow overtakes London for culture as European Commission names Scottish city as cultural and creative capital of the UK
- Flybe links Scotland to Heathrow as it names ex-City Jet boss as new chief
- U.S. Figure Skating names host cities for 2021, 2022 nationals
- 16 foreigners rescued from ship blaze in Vietnam’s Ha Long Bay
- How to build a fairer city
- Green streets: which city has the most trees?
- Vietnam will avert the obesity 'epidemic' in 2035
- Sail the Mekong River through the heart of South East Asia to experience all Vietnam and Cambodia have to offer
- Vietnam tightens control over Chinese goods bearing made-in-Vietnam labels
- Ho Chi Minh City should be focus of strategy to double Vietnam-Australia investment: ambassador
Vietnam Formula One stands to be named after local cities have 317 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 12, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.