The following is a transcript of and interview with Sen. Marco Rubio on “Face the Nation” MARGARET BRENNAN: Joining us now is an influential member of both the Senate Intelligence and Foreign Relations Committees, Florida Republican Marco Rubio. Good morning to you, Senator. SENATOR MARCO RUBIO: Good morning. Good morning. MARGARET BRENNAN: Overnight, Iran’s military has been readying ballistic missiles across that country here at home. Homeland Security is also issuing a terrorism bulletin. Do you believe now that America is safer after carrying out the strike against Qassem Soleimani? SEN. RUBIO: Well, I believe that Iran was on the verge of scaling up the attacks that they were aiming against the United States, probably through surrogates in many places, not just in Iraq, but in Syria as well. And the United States had to take action in order to prevent that from happening and to make very clear what would happen if they undertook further attacks down the road. We- we were the subject of, I believe, over 10 or 11 rocket attacks just since October. It was made very clear to the Iranians what would happen and to the IRGC, that Soleimani headed, what would happen if a… Read full this story
- 'This Week' Transcript: Sen. Marco Rubio, Sen. Charles Schumer, and Sen. Jeff Sessions
- 'This Week' Transcript: Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, Sen. Marco Rubio
- Marco Rubio Was Targeted by Russian Influence Operation, Ex-FBI Agent Reveals
- Marco Rubio Implies He's Leaving Politics—at Least for Now
- Ted Cruz ‘Affair’ Rumors Peddled by Marco Rubio’s Allies
- Can Marco Rubio Save the Republican Party From Itself?
- The Evolution Of Marco Rubio: From Foreign Policy Hawk To Spokesman For A Worker-Friendly GOP
- Marco Rubio Regrets Insulting Donald Trump
- ‘A New American Century’: Marco Rubio Teases 2016 Announcement [VIDEO]
- 'This Week' Transcript: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid
Transcript: Senator Marco Rubio on "Face the Nation", January 5, 2020 have 298 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at January 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.