Shares gained on Tuesday morning thanks to the growth of banking stocks.
The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange gained 0.22 per cent to close at 968.00 points.
More than 105.4 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VNĐ1.8 trillion (US$77.8 million).
The index dropped 0.28 per cent to close Monday at 965.84 points.
Market trading conditions were positive as increasing stocks outnumbered decliners by 143 to 134, while 64 stocks ended flat.
The large-cap VN30-Index, which tracks the performance of the 30 largest stocks by market value and trading liquidity, rose 0.46 per cent to close at 885.81 points.
Banking stocks supported market strongly, including Asia Commercial Bank (ACB), Bank for Investment and Development (BID), Vietinbank (CTG), HDBank (HDB), Military Bank (MBB), Tien Phong Bank (TPB), Saigon-Hanoi Bank (SHB) and VPBank (VPB). ACB increased by 1.7 per cent, MBB rose by 1.2 per cent, SHB climbed by 1.4 per cent and VPB gained by 1.9 per cent.
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index was up 0.76 per cent to end Tuesday morning at 103.08 points.
More than 11.9 million shares were traded on the northern market, worth VND145.7 billion.
The northern market index was up 0.08 per cent to end Monday at 102.30 points. — VNS
- NC State and UNC make more money from sports than ever, but coaching costs outpace gains
- Stock Car Suspension Guide – Big Bar Soft Spring Setups
- Street Stock Enduro Nationals – The Bristol Invaders
- GM Makes New Offer to Bondholders; Visteon and Metaldyne File for Ch. 11
- Trading Stocks Online: A Guide for Beginners
- Gifts to Detroit? C’mon, Panthers, it’s not even Thanksgiving yet.
- One coach, two jobs: Appalachian State’s Eliah Drinkwitz is biting off a lot already
- Steve Martin in retirement: Hornets icon on weight loss, 30 years in NBA, Curry’s charm
- Why it’s a waste of time to argue about expanding the College Football Playoff
- Charlotte Hornets to Hernangomez: ‘They want me to be Billy’ (only a better version)