Thane With the mounting opposition to the Thane-Kalyan Metro 5 route, urban development minister Eknath Shinde has given directives to Metro authorities to conduct a survey and reconsider changing the route. Shinde also asked officials to plan a new route for Kalyan-Taloja Metro. In a meeting held in Mantralaya on Friday, Shinde said, “The work between Thane to Bhiwandi for the Thane to Kalyan Metro line has begun. However, the work between Bhiwandi and Kalyan has not yet started. There is lot of opposition to the proposed route. Moreover, the number of people who will be displaced will be more. Several sections of the society have oppose the route, which the Metro authorities should take into consideration and conduct a study of the new route suggested.”The developers had opposed the route going from old Kalyan and have instead proposed the route from Khadakpada and Birla College . Shinde added, “Kalyan-Dombivli-Taloja Metro route is passing through areas which are scarcely populated. We should find an alternative route with more residential and commercial population.”
- POLITICO London Playbook: Corbyn surge stalls — 5 more years of Brexit — How to go on strike
- China’s Empire of Money Is Reshaping Global Trade
- France faces second day of transport chaos as rail workers continue strike
- Immortal Regiment March to Commemorate WWII Participants Held Across Globe
- FIFA defends use of Fair Play criteria to rank teams
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Airbus: Trump nukes special relationship — May-Trump presser at Chequers — Nothing else matters
- Will we ever have a direct rail link to Liverpool John Lennon Airport?
- Businesses are leading the way in helping the North East region to thrive and succeed
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: Straw man — Kerslake puts the boot in — Commonwealth leaders meet
- The Weather, Events, and Opening Hours – Your Guide to Vappu 2017
Reconsider changing route of Metro 5: Eknath Shinde to officials have 290 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at January 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.