Sheffield United have signed former Everton and Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell until the end of the season, the Premier League club said on Friday. The 28-year-old free agent left Blackburn Rovers at the end of his contract in the close season and started training with the Blades last month amid reported interest from a number of teams including Parma and AS Roma. “He offers us versatility and experience in a number of key positions and adds further depth to the group which is important at this stage of the season,” manager Chris Wilder told the United website (www.sufc.co.uk). United said the paperwork had been completed in time for Rodwell to be available for the FA Cup third-round tie against National League (fifth tier) AFC Fylde at Bramall Lane on Sunday. The versatile midfielder, who can also slot into defence, last played in the Premier League for Sunderland in May 2017. “Hopefully, we can kick-start his career. He’s certainly got the desire and from a physical point of view there are no issues,” Wilder said, adding that the deal had an extension option. “I’ve sat down with him for a long time and spoke about his career going forward, it… Read full this story
- Premier League midweek TV schedule, plus F.A. Cup 3rd round
- F.A. Cup 4th round schedule, plus Premier League midweek slate
- Premier League: Wolves win 3rd in a row over struggling Bournemouth
- Leeds United sign Madrid goalkeeper Kiko Casilla
- Samir Nasri to have medical at Premier League club
- Nugent '21: Manchester City will claim the Premier League crown
- Liverpool's Christmas lead in Premier League no title guarantee
- Christian Pulisic is open to playing in the Premier League
- Chris Sutton slams Jose Mourinho’s Man United signings
- Premier League Wednesday: Will Manchester United Snap Arsenal’s 19-Match Unbeaten Streak?
Premier League: Sheffield United Sign Jack Rodwell Until End of Season have 298 words, post on www.news18.com at January 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.