– The Embassy of Vietnam in Russia on January 23 held a celebration of the traditional Lunar New Year (Tet) for its staff and overseas Vietnamese who are living, working and studying in Moscow and other Russian localities.Vietnam-Russia and Russia-Vietnam Friendship Year 2019-2020, including the visits to Russia by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan.
Earlier, overseas Vietnamese in some Russian localities such as Ufa and Ekaterinburg held Tet celebration activities such as wrapping “chung” cakes (square glutinous rice cake – a traditional Tet food) and organising culture and art programmes to welcome the Year of the Rat./.
- Over 10,000 expected at Lunar New Year parade in New York
- Anger over blackface in Chinese Lunar New Year sketch
- China’s yearly migration peaks ahead of Lunar New Year climax
- Lighting up the Chinese Lunar New Year
- Celebrations for the Chinese Lunar New Year
- China welcomes Lunar New Year
- In Pictures: Millions on the move as China marks Lunar New Year
- China expects to see heavy air pollution during Lunar New Year
- Ahead of Lunar New Year, China's Xi says will banish 'ghost' of poverty
- China factory growth slows the most in over 1-1/2 years; smog war, Lunar New Year hurt