2019 was a fruitful year for Vietnamese football after the Asian Cup success, World Cup qualification and SEA Games triumph. With wheels well-greased, this year promises more joy rides. 2020 AFC U23 Championship The first tournament of the year will take place in Thailand from January 8 to 26. In its fourth edition, the biennial international age-restricted football championship is organized by Asian Football Confederation (AFC) for men’s U23 teams from across Asia. A total 16 teams, divided into four groups, will compete for the trophy. Vietnam celebrate their 6-0 victory at the AFC U23 Championship qualification match against Brunei in Hanoi, March 22, 2019. Photo by VnExpress/Giang Huy. The tournament will act as AFC qualifier for Olympic Tokyo 2020, with the top three teams set to commence to the grand event. Vietnam will enter this tournament as runners-up and will surely want to aim higher to secure a place at the Olympics. But the mission will not be easy. In 2018, Vietnam were the underdogs when beating stronger teams to make the final. This year will be more difficult because everyone’s already aware of Vietnam’s strength, therefore players will have to put their best efforts to the test. Compared… Read full this story
- Insiders talk feasibility of applying VAR in Vietnam
- Carabao Cup draw to be held in Vietnam one year after Bangkok farce
- Can the Socceroos win the Unofficial Football World Championships?
- Firmino is not losing sleep over comparison with Premier League flop
- Premier League title defences 2009-17: What went wrong?
- Connor Goldson sets sights on Rangers beating staggering Celtic title odds
- Rwatubyaye calls for cool heads in title race as Rayon take on Amagaju
- National League North title odds revealed
- Brereton's England face tough defence of U19 Euro title
- FOOTBALL: Busy spell for Holbeach United boss
No sleep for Vietnam football as five int'l titles beckon have 287 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 7, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.