CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A proposal to import prescription drugs from Canada to New Hampshire attracted bipartisan support at the Statehouse on Tuesday, winning praise from both the Democrat sponsoring the bill and the Republican he wants to replace in the corner office. Sen. Dan Feltes, D-Concord, told the Senate Commerce Committee that New Hampshire residents struggling with some of the nation’s highest prescription drug costs are too often choosing between their health and their financial security. In a 2017 survey, roughly a fifth of residents with prescriptions stopped taking them at some point during the year because they couldn’t afford them, he said. “That’s not right. That’s not fair, and SB 685 will help,” said Feltes, who is seeking the Democratic nomination for governor. Immediately following Feltes at the public hearing was Republican Gov. Chris Sununu, who is seeking a third term in November. He praised not just Feltes’ bill but others before the committee aimed at increasing the transparency and oversight of prescription drug. “I don’t testify on bills often, but ones I think everyone can get on board with and make a very severe impact of a positive nature for the state, it just presents opportunity,” he… Read full this story
- Trump defends economy in pitch to New Hampshire voters: 'You have no choice but to vote for me'
- Kamala Harris cuts entire New Hampshire field team
- Poll: Bernie Sanders Plunges to Fourth In New Hampshire
- Playing up name, Bullock connects to New Hampshire history
- Michael Bloomberg 2020 Campaign Would Skip Iowa and New Hampshire
- Kamala Harris backs Green New Deal and blasts Trump's 'vanity project' wall in New Hampshire as she warns Americans should 'get ready' for Russian interference in 2020 election
- New Quinnipiac poll finds Biden leading in New Hampshire
- New Hampshire lawmakers repeal death penalty with override of governor’s veto
- Julián Castro to test 2020 run with New Hampshire Young Democrats speech
- Biden edges rivals, Buttigieg joins top-tier in new New Hampshire poll
New Hampshire considers importing Canadian drugs have 322 words, post on apnews.com at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.