The Vietnamese Museum of Ethnology will organize several interesting activities to welcome the Lunar New Year 2009 (Tet) between January 29th and February 1st.
A traditional festival, with severa joyful traditional songs about different trades in society, will be preformed by citizens from Co Lam Village, Tu Xa Commune, Phu Tho Province.
In addition, there will also be traditional water puppetry shows, dances, pan-pipe plays, and calligraphic performances.
Notably, pariticipants in the activities will have an opportunity to learn how to control a water puppet, and how to make buffalo-shaped products from leaves.
Especially, at 7.30pm on January 29th, there will be a fireworks and water puppetry performance.
The activites will help the participants learn more about traditional Vietnamese culture.
Translated by Mai Huong
- When is Islamic New Year 2018 and Muharram
- What is Muharram, when is it and when does the Islamic New Year start?
- What date is Muharram 2018 and how is Islamic New Year celebrated?
- Switch to diesel? Best seven-seater? Buy for new year? €20,000 to spend?
- When does Rosh Hashanah 2018 start, what does it mean and how is Jewish New Year celebrated?
- September’s the perfect time for all your ‘New Year’ resolutions!
- The Divine Comedy to star in Sage Gateshead's New Year's Eve party
- Abortion services should be set up in Ireland by new year, health minister says
- Big Ben to bong for first time since new year
- Big Ben bongs for first time since New Year