Sometime last fall, a security contractor based in Asia took a call that he found curious. The man on the other end of the line, a longtime acquaintance and, like him, an expert in protecting VIPs and valuable cargoes in challenging environments, was looking to hire for a job in Japan. He offered few specifics. The assignment would involve escorting someone out of the country, he said. It would pay well. And he was looking for operatives with military or police experience and, ideally, fair-skinned East Asian faces-the kind that wouldn’t stand out in Tokyo. The contractor wanted to know more. Who would the operatives be protecting? What was the specific threat? Would the client be carrying cash or gold or something else of value? The caller wouldn’t say. The contractor was noncommittal but said he would get in touch if anyone else came to mind. They hung up, and the contractor didn’t really think about the job again-until he and the rest of the world saw the news about Carlos Ghosn. Just before New Year’s, Ghosn, the ousted leader of Nissan Motor Co. and Renault SA, completed a daring escape from Tokyo, where he was facing criminal charges that… Read full this story
- Japan court grants bail for ex-Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn
- Ex-Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn wins bail but with strict conditions
- Ousted Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn 'is rearrested in Japan'
- Former Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn leaves Japan jail after 108 days
- Japan police arrest ex-Nissan chair Carlos Ghosn for 4th time
- Ex-Nissan head Carlos Ghosn arrested, again, by Japan
- Key dates in the career of ex-Nissan Chairman Carlos Ghosn
- BREAKING: Former Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn granted bail at 1 billion yen
- Japanese court grants accused ex-Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn $9M bail
- Ousted Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn is banned from using the internet — so why is he suddenly tweeting?
Here's How Ex-Nissan Boss Carlos Ghosn Escaped From Japan have 303 words, post on auto.ndtv.com at January 17, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.