Heartbroken parents have blasted an NHS Trust as a coroner ruled the death of their week-old baby after an emergency delivery was ‘wholly avoidable’. Harry Richford died seven days after he was born in November 2017 at the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother (QEQM) Hospital in Margate. Today outside County Hall in Maidstone his father read a statement saying that the trust had tried to avoid outside scrutiny and had failed to learn from this and previous similar cases. East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, which runs the hospital, apologised over his death and it was reported on Thursday that at least seven preventable baby deaths may have occurred since 2016. Harry Richford died seven days after he was born. The infant is pictured with his mother, Sarah, and his father, Tom A ‘much desired and much loved baby’, Harry’s mother Sarah Richford had been taken to theatre for an emergency Caesarean section on November 2. Speaking outside court today his father Tom Richford said: ’Sarah had a text book pregnancy and Harry was born on his due date with no abnormalities.’ ‘But due to failures of both the delivery and resuscitation of Harry, he died seven days later. ‘Since… Read full this story
- Vaccine hesitancy explained in full as experts blast Matt Hancock over Bolton claims
- My baby died after my symptoms were dismissed as a UTI – I was so traumatised I chose to be sterilised at 35
- I demanded a C-section to have my baby – I wanted to take the easy route, plus it left my bits in tip-top shape
- On a Scottish Isle, Nursing Home Deaths Expose a Covid-19 Scandal
- Hero surgeons remove tumour from unborn baby no bigger than Mars bar in mum's womb
- ‘White Fragility’ Is Everywhere. But Does Antiracism Training Work?
- Celebrity deaths 2021: Stars we’ve lost including Shane Briant and Romy Walthall
- Two lives were lost in the downtown crash a month ago. Were their deaths preventable?
- Dancing on Ice disaster series – Covid chaos, death heartache and gruesome injuries
- How She Transformed a Viral Twitter Thread About Sex Work Into a Sinister Comedy
Heartbroken parents blast NHS Trust as coroner rules death of their week-old baby at scandal-hit hospital where doctors refused to work weekend shifts was 'wholly avoidable' have 343 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 24, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.