Mai Son, director of the Hanoi Tax Department, made the statement at the press briefing on January 15.
Accordingly, the department will inspect foreign-invested enterprises (FIEs) who reported losses for years but still made business expansions, and those who have been conducting suspicious transactions.
In 2019, the Hanoi Tax Department made great achievements, with state budget collection hitting a five-year record high with tax collection reaching VND252.18 trillion ($10.96 billion), up 15 per cent on-year. Tax collection from manufacturing business rose 17 per cent on-year, up from the 11.2 per cent in 2016-2018.
2019 was also the second year that the tax department fulfilled its inspections by carrying out over 18,700 inspections and investigations, surpassing the target by 12 per cent with the total collection in arrears and fines of VND3.7 trillion ($160.87 million).
During the year, the Hanoi Tax Department will also promote IT application in tax management with online declarations and e-payment, among others.
This year, the department sets out six key tasks to fulfill the target.
Tax watchdog to enhance inspection this year
The General Department of Taxation plans to inspect tax compliance at 19.5 per cent of businesses in 2020, the department’s Director Cao Anh Tuan said …
Coca-Cola Vietnam committed to full compliance with local tax rules
After an inspection, Coca-Cola Beverages Vietnam Ltd. (Coca-Cola Vietnam) found itself in disagreement with local tax authorities on several points. Peeyush Sharma, general director of …
Most enterprises satisfied with tax administrative reform
Seventy-eight per cent of surveyed enterprises expressed satisfaction with tax administrative reforms this year, up 3 per cent compared to 2016.
- Washington DC Tax Department Software Glitches Cause Anger
- After India raises import taxes, Apple raises iPhone prices in the country by 3.1% to 4.3%
- Comments for : After India raises import taxes, Apple raises iPhone prices in the country by 3.1% to 4.3%
- Hanoi Capital encourages to apply IT in state agencies
- Hanoi to enhance intellectual economy and apply high technologies
- TECHNOLOGY LAW CORNER NY's Shocking Stance on Taxing Online Services
- France moots taxing data taken out of EU
- California gas tax repeal heading for the November ballot, campaign says
- Hollande blasts internet giants over tax tactics
- Newegg customers in Connecticut are receiving tax bills for past purchases